The American Chemical Society has a chemistry portal for kids called "The Adventures of Meg A. Mole, Future Chemist. The site isn't specifically targeted to girls, but they do have "visits" to several women who work in different branches of the chemical sciences described with kids in mind (all are pdf files):
- Dr. Martha Williams (polymer chemist at NASA Kennedy Space Center)
- Dr. Beronda Montgomery-Kaguri (plant biochemist at the Department of Energy Plant Research Laboratory)
- Ms. Pamela Helms (chemist at the Caldera Company)
- Dr. Helen Free (pharmaceutical chemist at Bayer HealthCare)
- Dr. Anita Meklejohn (patent attorney with a chemistry background)
Meg A. Mole's adventures are part of the ACS kids portal, which also includes WonderNet and Celebrating Chemistry, sites with games and science activities for elementary-school age kids.
Tags: chemistry for kids