Girl Geek : Someone who is female and has an interest in technology, particularly computing and new media. Not necessarily technically minded.Are you a New York City Girl Geek? You might want to check out the premiere Girl Geek Dinner in New York City, which will be held on Friday, December 5th.
The guests are going to be:
- Ana Radovanovic, a research scientist for Google, and formerly of IBM
- Valerie D'Orazio, writer, blogger (at Occasional Superheroine) and "social media specialist". She's a former assistant editor of Acclaim and DC Comics, and is currently the President of Friends of Lulu, "a national nonprofit organization whose purpose is to promote and encourage female readership and participation in the comic book industry"
- If you are male and wish to attend the event then you will need to be invited by a female attending the event.
- Girls, one date only please! (We want to keep the numbers balanced!)
- The best way around these rules if you’re a guy who wants to attend? Convince or bribe someone to let you be their date for the dinner.
There are Girl Geek Dinners held all around the world. See if there is a group near you.
Tags: Girl Geek Dinners