The first Diversity in Science Carnival is up at Urban Science Adventures. There are a lot of excellent posts collected there, but I wanted to specifically point to several posts about women scientists:
- Canadian Girl Postdoc in America writes about mathematician Katherine Okikolu
- Oceanographer Ashanti Pyrtle was the profiled by ScienceWoman and given a shoutout by Miriam at The Oyster's Garter
- Zuska writes about physiologist and academic leader Pamela Gunter-Smith
- DrugMonkey wrote about Drug Abuse Researchers Yasmin L. Hurd and Chana K. Akins
- Dr. Joycelyn Simpson and Dr. Patricia Bath are on Brett Trout's list of the Top 10 African American Inventors.
Join us late March/early April as Diversity in Science and Scientiae celebrate Women’s History Month and salute woman achievers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Technology.
Tags: Diversity in Science